Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Snowy Sunday

Hello and Belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Today is the last day of November - Sunday the 30th. It is snowing ever so lightly here in Evergreen in the second day of the first snow of the season (enough to cover the ground a bit).
Barn and I are loving the abundant open space, hiking trails, and wildlife and go exploring on foot and by car regularly since we arrived here a couple of weeks ago.
It is still quite strange and challenging to get my mind around not only being in one spot after so long, but considering another place so different from what I've always known as "home".
But I spent a truly lovely and enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday with the Morrison Family and four other friends, here in Evergreen, Colorado. Dan and Vicki are host and hostess supreme and there was lots of fabulous food and easy laughter. Here is Lynn and Kevin -
Although I felt pangs of missing my family and the traditions I grew up with, I was comforted by speaking to most of them and also was aware of an exceptionally long list of things and people I have to be grateful for, including this awesome family who has taken me in and who I love so much! Another thing I am excited about and grateful for is knowing I am going home for Christmas two weeks from tomorrow! Yeah!
Eight months ago I left on my grand adventure in my moter home. EIGHT MONTHS! I am so looking forward to seeing and being in the company of missed loved ones! :-D
Sending you all big blessings of positive connections to others and gratitude for the simple things,
Stef
PS - I had to add one more pic of my adorable pooch. Here he is playing with his new toy (a stuffed honking Canadian goose), a real dream come true for him since he's been chasing and barking at them since Pop and I were in Wisconsin and Iowa! Please stay tuned for another blog soon on that awesome ending of my trip! AND check out the wild (ponies) time in the blog entry below!

















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Stef-Okay as always...WOW! The pictures are awesome-GB! (Goddess Babe)to whomever else may read this. Thank-you so much for sharing your adventures-your blog is just beautiful! I am sending you love and tons, tons, tons of hugs dear friend and SO looking forward to see you soon! XO

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I looked at your blog. What nice, very fun and interesting things that you have done lately.
I love the horse story with April.
I miss you and will see you soon.
Love,
Christinia

Anonymous said...

Dear One: I am sending you a heart full of love this wonderful autumn evening. My prayer for you is that Love will reap an abundant harvest of fruitful blessings for all your travels over these past eight months. May you continue to deepen in Spirit as you listen to that "still small voice" within.
With much love for you this day, Dear Heart. Saundra

Anonymous said...

Hey Stef, we think of you often. Feels like an amazing ride you are on!

Love to you...

Debra

Anonymous said...

Yo Stef,

Lee and I enjoyed the recent blog entries and got a real chuckle - from our usual left field perspective - from the lead photo for the Journal. That is some hood on your parka! Elphie says to be "verwy, verwy afraid!"

Jack, Lee, Jazz, Seth, Radar, Frodo, Elphie, CJ, Randy the rooster, and the rest of the menagerie