Friday, September 05, 2008

Family Road Trip in Pictures

New York and Pennsylvania - July/August 2008.

Catching up here on the blog again. Currently in Virginia but wanted to share some great pics of a real trip highlight. After my birthday we spent a few glorious days at the summer home of Gina's Mom on Lake Erie. Then it was off for a week long road trip to visit friends Brigitte and Mark near Scranton, Pennsylvania, with my sis Kris and nephews Skyler and Jackson.
We had quite an adventure and made memories to treasure for a lifetime. God is good!



Sis Kris and Gina. I miss and love you both SO MUCH! (Thanks again Gina - for everything.)


Sis Kris enjoying the spectacular view.What a fabulous and fun family! Barnie met Max, a younger and wilder version of himself. What a charachter!


Sistah's around the campfire.
My nature loving sibling!
Jackson exploring a stream.Sky and I goofing around at the bottom of "Pennsylvania's Grand Canyon" - a steep gorge we hiked to. It was a loooong hike but worth it!
Let's see what's under this rock!
It did our hearts good to spend time together after the longest time apart yet as sisters. But it made it extra hard to say goodbye again.

Miss Brig took us to a really fun water park. The boys weren't the only one's screaming down the slides!
Both boys learned to drive this tractor by themselves! (Thanks Mark, for showing them such a grand time.)


Pennsylvania is a gorgeous state with some of the neatest barns and greatest cloud days I've seen yet.





Barnie loved all the attention he got from the boys!

There were lots of low bridges on our way back to Buffalo. Kris volunteered to climb on top to help me measure just how tall my home on wheels actually is. Not quite 12' (in case you were curious.)









A few days after they left marked the one year anniversary of North's passing. It was bizarre and quite incredible where and how I ended up spending that day. Not in the plans I had but sure turned out to be exactly where I needed to be. More on that in the next entry. In the meantime, my missing of all my family and friends increases by the day. It's been FIVE months sine I pulled out of Mom's driveway and took off on this long journey. So please, if you feel inclined, write to me by posting a comment or directly to my e-mail. I'd love to hear from you!

Much love,

Stef

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, such great pix sis! thanks for making us part of your adventure, you are inspiring!
I dont know about the rest of your avid viewers, but we really lov ethese entries and updates! THANKS HEAPS!!
LOVE YOUR SISKRIS

Anonymous said...

Hey Duffer!

Wow, what a neat blog! We check it occasionally but will now do so more regularly. You are quite the shutterbug! Good shooting!
We think that you are doing your journey just right. Not too fast nor too slow. Checking out the real America. We have always done it in bits and pieces. Maybe it is not too late for us yet.
We are heading to the UK next Wednesday for 20 days. Aunt Donna has been once with girlfriends but I am a novice. I have been practicing driving our quad on the left side of the driveway. Think it will help? Duh....
Well, gotta go Google flooding in UK to see if we will be able to move around there and find lodging.
Love you,

Uncle John and Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

Hi Stef,

It's wonderful to hear from you and to see the pictures. All that you have done is incredible and amazing. I'm sure that North is smiling, standing right there next to you enjoying what makes you happy.

Thank you for sharing and I loved seeing all of your pictures. Take care and know that you are in our hearts and in our prayers.

Love,
Milly

Anonymous said...

Loved it!!!!! Made me laugh twice....You are a great story teller!
Miss you, love you, happy for, even envious...Talk soon!
oxoxoxox
Leslie